Learn and connect through Twitter! Join the Slow Chat 3/21-3/24
There is an upcoming Twitter chat with Arlington ISD, which will be Mon.-Thurs. 3/21-3/24! Twitter chats are great ways to connect with others and share ideas about teaching! The Arlington ISD chat is a “slow chat” meaning you can answer the question for the day throughout the day. Several College of Education faculty will also be participating in the Twitter chat!
We invite all College of Education students to consider joining! It’s a great way to learn and preservice teachers are welcome to join, as well!
The hashtag is: #arlingtech. Also, use the hashtag #UTACOEd to let others know you are affiliated with UTA’s College of Education! J
The topics are below and the topic is: Blended Learning: Unpacking the Definition
For Q1 (Monday, 3/21), read/view the background on http://goo.gl/v31gcY [http://www.christenseninstitute.org/blended-learning]
Benefits of Twitter Chats:
- Learn in a short amount of time.
- Share your own views on teaching and glean insights from others.
- Become more tech savvy!
- Find new people to follow and learn from on Twitter (expansion of your Professional Learning Network).
- You can do this through your mobile device (tablet or smartphone) with the Twitter app.
- Become a better teacher with practical ideas.
- You can participate as little or as much as you want. Read only, Tweet one day or all of the days!
If you are new to Twitter chats, a few tutorials are below:
Tutorial on how to participate in a Twitter chat: https://teacherchallenge.edublogs.org/step-3-twitter-chats/
Other education Twitter chats: https://sites.google.com/site/twittereducationchats/education-chat-calendar